You think its time you started riding? Well, you’re in the right place. This page will get you a Bike Buddy and then onto the road!
Bike Buddies are experienced and passionate Chicago cyclists who want to see more folks out on the road. Bike Buddies are here to help you ride properly and safely while showing you how fun it can be. But before your sign-up, take a moment and read about what we do in more detail.
Things you’ll need/are recommended for meeting your Buddy:
- Need a fully functional bike
- Helmet (highly recommended)
- Lights (for night riding)
- Bike Lock (U-Locks are best)
- Some cash or transit card
These are some of the things we can provide:
- Where you need to be on the road
- Traffic Basics
- Properly locking-up
- Building confidence and alleviating nervousness
- Fun times!
- We can’t fix your bike
- We can’t teach complete beginners how to ride. You must already know how to ride a bike.
What else? Oh, this service is FREE! Chicago Bike Buddies is 100% volunteer-run because we simply want more people out riding in Chicago. The more riders we see, the better the infrastructure will become and the cleaner our world will be. Its a win-win for everyone.
So, what are you waiting for?! Fill out this form and we’ll get back to you with a Buddy ASAP!
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.